This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: splicing / size on lists
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: Chris Jefferson <caj at cs dot york dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:56:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: splicing / size on lists
- References: <41FE0A6F.email@example.com>
Chris Jefferson wrote:
Does anyone have any comments / suggestions?
Search the archive ;)
Seriously, I'm not sure how the recent detailed discussions may change
our attitude toward this issue, but I'm pretty sure we already discussed
it in the past and eminent people said, roughly "if you really need O(1)
size, the list is not the right container", or something very close.
I don't have a personal opinion, should at least read the recent
discussion. Will do, I promise.