This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Change to search_n
- From: Dimitris Xochellis <jimxoch at yahoo dot gr>
- To: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- Cc: Chris Jefferson <caj at cs dot york dot ac dot uk>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:21:07 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: Change to search_n
> My only doubt is about performance on "exotic"
> targets: as you know, libstdc++-v3 supports a
> rather wide range of targets (small and big) and
> we want to be sure that the performance improve
> on all of them. In particular, I'm concerned that
> the backwards moves may penalize old processors
> missing backward prefetchers. Things like this.
Very interesting! (I never thought about that...)
> Do you have any performance numbers for "exotic"
> targets? (say, anything != x86, x86_64, ia64,
> powerpc, would do ;)
Unfortunately I only have access to modern PCs!
Do You Yahoo!?
Αποκτήστε τη δωρεάν @yahoo.gr διεύθυνση σας στο http://www.otenet.gr