Re: use of type_traits

Paolo Carlini wrote:

.... but I'm still trying to figure something specific to contribute to the discussion

Now I know ;)

Seriously, during the weekend I want to do this: prepare a patch removing completely
usages of type_traits.h by adding to the cpp_type_traits structs also a suited type:

typedef __true_type (or __false_type) __type;

This is the *very same* approach of tr1/type_traits - each trait includes both a constant
and a type.

This way, we can remove a lot of redundancy around and bring the whole scaffolding
much closer to the "final" solution, using one way or the other tr1/type_traits (I think
we don't know exactly the best way to achieve that, avoiding duplications, namespace
issues, not having available compiler support for now, etc., etc.). Seems also safe from
the ABI point of view, of course.

If you can see something wrong with this, please stop me ASAP!