This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [RFC] setlocale(LC_ALL) vs setlocale(LC_NUMERIC)
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: Martin Sebor <sebor at roguewave dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:03:34 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFC] setlocale(LC_ALL) vs setlocale(LC_NUMERIC)
- References: <41F8FD82.email@example.com> <41FA6E37.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Martin Sebor wrote:
I expected to find at least some locales where this wasn't true
(e.g., those that use aliases like "german" or "de" for "de_DE)
but I ended up with none on any of the machines I tried (which
included AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, and Tru64). So while I
wouldn't want to bet my paycheck on it I think it might be
a pretty safe assumption to make in a test suite.
Thanks Martin. I can also confirm FreeBSD (which we are also
supporting), and a full range of Solaris. Nice.