Re: Linkfailures on amd64 with -fvisibility-inlines-hidden and the libstdc++ headers or symbols

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 01:07:29AM +0100, Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de> wrote:
> Paolo Carlini wrote:
>
> >Therefore, to your best knowledge, the problem occurs only on x86_64? I'm
> >trying to figure first whether something is wrong in the generic code
> >and,
> >moreover, whether it's really the library or something else in the
> >toolchain
> >(I suppose you are using up to date binutils?)

binutils-2.15.92.0.2 - I hope that is new enough.

> I can confirm the problem on x86_64. On the other hand, it does *not* happen
> on x86 and ia64. Therefore, I would rather exclude something wrong in the
> generic code.
>
> Paolo.

Fine, I was unable to test that on any other architectures. I reported
here since it looked weird, happening only in these headers. So I
thought there must be something special about them.

Andreas Pokorny