This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [Patch] Saner ;) per_type defaults
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <benjamin dot kosnik at gmail dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- Cc: libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:15:51 -0600
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Saner ;) per_type defaults
- Organization: secret agents
- References: <41F7BE41.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> seriously, some time ago I noticed the below problem, easy to reproduce:
> if we keep the size of the chunk fixed and scale only max_bytes, it can
> easily happen that the allocator decide to take charge of the allocation
> (i.e., not passed down to new) but cannot really fulfill it. The easiest
> fix seems to me just scaling with sizeof the size of the chunk too (as
> default, of course, other settings may be more suited in specific
Nice catch. Hopefully that's the last of the per-type default config issues...
> Took also the occasion to wrap a bit ;)
Thanks. This was a bit of a mess! Looks much better now.
This looks great, thanks.