This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Question regarding documentation license
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <benjamin dot kosnik at gmail dot com>
- To: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- Cc: Lorenz Minder <lminder at gmx dot net>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:10:33 -0600
- Subject: Re: Question regarding documentation license
- Organization: secret agents
- References: <20050124135406.GA1575@localhost><20050125181512.GA17913@synopsys.com>
Thanks Lorenz, this is actually a really good question.
> In one place you are given permission to distribute and modify the code
> under the GPL+exception; in another, you are given permission to
> distribute and modify under the GFDL. So the effect is dual licensing.
> This is an area where it would be good to get clarification from the
> FSF. Ideally we would make the dual licensing explicit.
Yeah. Could you do that and report back? This is something that a lot of
projects are probably wondering about now, at least the GPL ones that
If it has to be one or the other, my preference is for GPL+exception.