Re: Question regarding documentation license

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time and answering!

> On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 02:54:06PM +0100, Lorenz Minder wrote:
> >> Is my understanding that the relevant source code comments are not
> >> affected by this correct? (I.e., those are still GPL + Runtime
> >> exception?)
>
> (Sigh, not the GFDL flame wars again ...)

It's definitely not my intent to start a flame war, and chances are that
this post will be the last contribution to this thread. (I had read the
debian-legal discussions at the time, but didn't know that the GCC
community was implied as well.)

> In one place you are given permission to distribute and modify the code
> under the GPL+exception; in another, you are given permission to
> distribute and modify under the GFDL.  So the effect is dual licensing.

Ok, that makes sense to me, thanks.

--Lorenz