Re: [v3] C99 complex math vs. std::complex

Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de> writes:

| Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
|
| >(tangentially, does anybody know that _BUGGY_COMPLEX is still
| >relevant?  That is for so_7 branch...)
| >
| Since May, 2001, nothing in the autoconf machinery sets it anymore
| and seems completely dead.
|
| If people agree, I can just remove it, together with a few small additional
| tweaks and clean-ups that I mentioned yesterday.

That workaround was put in it back to 1999 (I think) because some targets
like alpha were unable to handle aggregate return in registers
(somehow provoked by the synthetized copy constructor).  If you
can confirm that the bug was fixed on such targets, then it means that
macro was never defined since then, therefore it is no longer an
ABI-breaking patch.  Otherwise, it would have to wait for so_7 branch.

-- Gaby