This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: PATCH: Fun with magic numbers and the various system headers
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: rittle at labs dot mot dot com
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:30:11 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH: Fun with magic numbers and the various system headers
- References: <200501242231.j0OMVdYK063247@latour.waar.labs.mot.com>
Ishonestly, I'm a little pessimistic: sizeof(ctype<wchar_t>) would change,
changing this class, ctype<wchar_t>, an effective ABI change (Geoffrey
thought so)? It is exposed in an installed header but I haven't yet
traced how it is actually used in the library and/or user code. If
the use is completely inside the library, then I'd suppose it is not
really an ABI change. However, are we that lucky?
and the facet itselfs is definitely supposed to be used outside the
just a locale facet, provided to the users...