This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR libstdc++/19510: Uninitialized variable insomeiterators
- From: Paul Schlie <schlie at comcast dot net>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Jonathan Wakely <cow at compsoc dot man dot ac dot uk>,Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>,Martin Sebor <sebor at roguewave dot com>,<gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,<libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:32:25 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR libstdc++/19510: Uninitialized variable insomeiterators
> Mark Mitchell wrote:
> I'd be OK with having the pointers to be set to zero in a debugging mode,
> although I should point out that people have rejected adding this kind of
> feature to the compiler, on the grounds that it encourages people to write
> unportable code that depends on the zero-initialization.
Especially if any non-standard initialization's were accompanied with
corresponding warnings if reasonably possible?