Re: libstdcxx_so_7 branch (was Re: [Patch/RFC] libstdc++/19495)

> Do the V3 people currently have thoughts about when they would like to
> switch?

Not now. It looks like we all agree on this.

I think so_7 and -fabi-version=3 will go hand in hand. At this point, I
see no compelling reason to change things. If and when this changes, in
terms of so_7, I would imagine the library people will post an RFC for
merging so_7 to mainline to the gcc list. If and when -fabi-version=3
becomes compelling, please let the library people know, and we'll try to
give our status.

Part of the reason behind making the so_7 branch was to make this abi
versioning process a little less abstract, at least on the libstdc++
side. Here's hoping it works.

best,
benjamin