Re: libstdcxx_so_7 branch (was Re: [Patch/RFC] libstdc++/19495)

Mark Mitchell wrote:

Do the V3 people currently have thoughts about when they would like to switch?

Maybe it's still too early, in my opinion, to discuss this.
Certainly, incompatible changes are accumulating in the v7 branch and many more will soon follow (e.g., hopefully an improved string class). At some point folding back all these improvements in mainline will become really urgent. Months ago, with Benjamin we used to say, in private conversations, "4.1", meaning actually not much more than "as soon as possible, but definitely after 4.0".