This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [Patch/RFC] libstdc++/19495
- From: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- Cc: libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:56:55 -0600
- Subject: Re: [Patch/RFC] libstdc++/19495
- Organization: Red Hat / Chicago
- References: <41EE6778.email@example.com>
Paolo, I think this is reasonable.
> For 4.1, or when the ABI can change, anyway, we can consider changing
> basic_string to make use of memory aligned only as CharT requires, not
> more, but, for the time being, the below seems to me a viable approach...
> Opinions? Disagreements?
For so_7, we really need to come up with some changes for std::string.
For one, we have to have link-time differences for various Reps. It's
the only way we are going to be able to do shared allocation strings.