This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR libstdc++/19510: Uninitialized variable in some iterators
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- Cc: Volker Reichelt <reichelt at igpm dot rwth-aachen dot de>, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 20 Jan 2005 05:03:04 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR libstdc++/19510: Uninitialized variable in some iterators
- Organization: Integrable Solutions
- References: <200501200144.j0K1iXBR000835@relay.rwth-aachen.de><41EF1133.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Paolo Carlini <email@example.com> writes:
| >Btw, the initialization is missing in 3.4, too. But the warning is not
| >triggered. Should the patch be applied there, too?
| Hummm, I don't feel strongly, but maybe we can avoid fiddling with
| this old-good code on 3_4-branch, since the warning will never show-up.
But it is buggy code!
Absence of warning is no indication that that things are OK.
There is no reason not apply the fix when we do know that:
(1) the current code is buggy;
(2) the fix is trivial and safe