Re: [GraphViz is now free software]

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 09:45:16AM +0000, Jonathan Wakely wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2005 at 06:10:23PM -0800, Joe Buck wrote:
> > I've asked RMS to lift the ban on graphviz.  Haven't heard back yet, but
> > he might be travelling.  I expect that he will (as it is now free
> > software), but please don't jump the gun ... don't turn HAVE_DOT or
> > whatever it is on just yet.
>
> I already did, following Benjamin's OK, before I saw any other replies.
> Shall I revert it?

You were right to proceed on Benjamin's OK, but Benjamin, please be more
careful next time in cases like this (where we didn't do something because
the FSF demanded it).  It's polite to let RMS know first that the
situation has changed; if he had heard that we've re-enabled graphviz
before he heard that graphviz is now free, it would not have been pretty.

If it hadn't been done already I would say "hold off".  But I don't really
want to tell you to revert it either.  So I guess I'll let RMS know that,
due to miscommunication, the libstdc++ team went ahead and enabled
graphviz without checking, apologize for that, but it will stand unless
RMS has a reason why it can't (and I can't think of any).