Re: Future evolution of c++config.h and _GLIBCXX_USE_LONG_LONG

Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

Beside name space issues explained by Matt, I would like to point out
that adding or subtracting a virtual function is an ABI change. So is
reordering declarations of such beasts.

Indeed. But, definitely, the bulk of the issue seems in the namespace issues,
aka _GLIBCXX_USE_C99.

Incidentally, yesterday was wondering whether we could add support for
long long in locale *without* adding virtuals, f.i., adding only num_get::get
overloads and not adding to the number of num_get::do_get...