Re: Future evolution of c++config.h and _GLIBCXX_USE_LONG_LONG

Matt Austern <austern@apple.com> writes:

| I suppose another question that's implicit but that I didn't ask is:
| would it be a desirable feature to give users a way of getting a fully
| conforming C++ language/library implementation without having to
| reconfigure and reinstall?  Should there be a compiler switch that
| does that?

I think that is desirble; a compilr switch that communicates to both
the front-end and the library is probably a good start.

(Again, I think I remember an idea that Benjamin and I discussed about
having the compiler pass some of its flags as "meta" constants -- not
CPP defines -- to the library.  I can see application of that, for
example, for the recurring std::abs() or std::norm() topic :-)).

| Please note that this is not a rhetorical question.

I very know :-)

-- Gaby