Re: Future evolution of c++config.h and _GLIBCXX_USE_LONG_LONG

On Jan 11, 2005, at 3:08 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:

Hi,

I'm leaning toward choice 1: it's inelegant but probably safe. Anyone want to give me arguments in either direction, or suggest a third choice?

Instinctively, I agree with you, and, furthermore:

Thanks. You're right, that's quite relevant.

I suppose another question that's implicit but that I didn't ask is: would it be a desirable feature to give users a way of getting a fully conforming C++ language/library implementation without having to reconfigure and reinstall? Should there be a compiler switch that does that?

Please note that this is not a rhetorical question. I'm not pushing for one answer or the other. (It's also a question that's not tremendously relevant right now, since it's a little late in the gcc release cycle to add a new feature like that.)

--Matt