This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: Consistently using __throw_* (was: Re: PATCH: Eliminate usesof "sleep"...)
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 21:53:36 +0100
- Subject: Re: Consistently using __throw_* (was: Re: PATCH: Eliminate usesof "sleep"...)
- References: <41DBFF39.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
It looks like this usage is mostly ok, with the exception of some
t for this issue, and for a consistent
fix we need to add a few functions to the set in functexcept.h.
__throw (which boils down to either throw or abort)
testsuite_* files. I can fix these up.
__throw_symbol_errorNot quite sure where you are getting these? Hmm.
Sorry: I was browsing too quickly an old grep and some notes: those all come
from testsuite_io.h, testsuite_abi.cc, 19_diagnostics/stdexceptions.cc...
It is undoubtedly true that functexcept.h should contain -fno-except... all those exceptions objects are actually straightforwardly derived from
versions exception objects used by the library, extensions, and
standard exception objects, e.g., symbol_error from logic_error, and I'm
not sure about the best way to fix the issue. Maybe should we just use,
__throw_logic_error where now throw symbol_error() is used?
Anyway, I understand that you are going to clean all this stuff up,