This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Consistently using __throw_* (was: Re: PATCH: Eliminate uses of "sleep"...)
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: Jonathan Wakely <cow at compsoc dot man dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>,"'gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,libstdc++ <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 15:52:41 +0100
- Subject: Consistently using __throw_* (was: Re: PATCH: Eliminate uses of "sleep"...)
"__throw_exception_again;" should be used in place of "throw;" to rethrow
an active exception. With -fno-exceptions __throw_exception_again is
replaced with an empty string, which is not what's wanted.
You are right, in my opinion, but let's not involve our release manager
with our (v3) bugs... ;)
I mean, some time ago I did an audit for this issue, and for a consistent
fix we need to add a few functions to the set in functexcept.h.
__throw (which boils down to either throw or abort)
and consistently use some already present, like
If we agree, I can prepare a patch. Benjamin?
Thanks for your observation,