Re: [v3] more istream::ignore cleanups

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

it is my understanding that max(), not some modulo,  was the imperfect
solution that multiple people thought made the most sense in the
(admittedly) corner case.

Are those discussions recorded somewhere? In the LWG reflector? I would be
interested in the details: actually, strictly speaking, the whole LFS idea is not
compatible with the C++ standard in the present form...

it's not great, but i think it at least
signals what is going on for people who care to look.

I'm not 100% sure, frankly: otherwise that would be a totally compelling argument!
It looks like you can end up ignoring <streamsize>::max chars also on a non-LFS
system, completely within the current standard. What's wrong with ignoring a whole
2G file till eof? (in principle, I mean, we are talking about corner-corner cases!)