Re: [Patch] Batch of basic_string correctness and performance work

Nathan Myers wrote:

Thank you, Paolo. This makes me feel better, too. Few enough of
us have Opterons, so far. Among those of us who do, few are yet inclined to complain about how long they take to get through their workload. :-)

Yes :-)

Seriously, I'm becoming every day more nervous because of this problem, it's not just about inlining more or less: too often a "straightforward" improvement on x86_64 gives weird surprises on x86 and we cannot really optimize the code for both.

Anyway, let's move ahead.