Re: vector<> can probably never grow to it's maximum size!

On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 14:37, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> Dhruv Matani wrote:
>

> Also, I want you to audit *all* the varios places in std::vector where
> we grow,
> since someone pointed out time ago that there are inconsistencies.

Nope, I have gone through the vector code, but could not find any
inconsistencies. It grows in 3~4 places not including
_M_allocate_and_copy(). All growths seem t be perfectly legal.

> Also,
> I want
> to see nice testcases, with custom allocators.

??? Like showing what kind of behaviour?

--
        -Dhruv Matani.
http://www.geocities.com/dhruvbird/

The price of freedom is responsibility, but it's a bargain, because
freedom is priceless. ~ Hugh Downs