Re: [Patch] bitmap_allocator.

Dhruv Matani wrote:

While I'm not entirely happy with this, I'll try converting it back to
the inline functions and see what happens.

I see, please do that and resend the result: actually, in the library we strive to
minimize macro usage.

By the way, this is my final report:
1- pthread7-rope fails everywhere: history tells us that poor rope failing probably
means there is something wrong at destruction time.
2- Still *lots* of warning about insufficient alignment on ia64: it seems you are
still using casts to <unsigned int> and this is definitely not ok: the other allocators
guarantee 8 by default (and this can be easily tuned), your allocator only 4. Do you
know that malloc returns memory allocated 16 on 64-bit machines? Please try to
achieve at least 8.

That being said, since, for the first time in *months* the build succeeds and the
testsuites are good overall, IMO we should commit the changes very soon, as soon
as there are no more (very annoying for *everyone* not only to users of bitmap)
warnings at build time.