Re: Why doesn't iter_swap use swap?

Phil Edwards <phil@codesourcery.com> writes:

| Is there real-world code which exploits this capability?  We also talked
| about that, and nobody could think of any offhand.

That argument usually is a two-edged sword.  If you get an answer in
the immediate future, it does not tell you much (whether it is a
really widespread good thing we should have ini the Standard).  If you
get no answer, it does not tell you nobody uses it.

The usual convervative approach is to assume that if it is there then
someone may have used it.  Then it is a matter of whether you want to
take the blame of breaking a working code -- there might be good
reasons to do so.

-- Gaby