Re: [Lsb-wg] opposition to LSB 2.0 rc1

Matt Taggart <taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com> writes:

| Alan Cox writes...
|
| > There is no compiler implementing the proposed LSB C++ ABI currently in
| > existance. So how are you not creating the standard ?
|
| It's my understanding that the LSB spec is dynamically generated from a
| database of interfaces that itself was generated from a gcc 3.3.3 version
| of libstdc++ and some other tools that extract information about the
| interfaces of that implementation. Assuming that's the case, it should
| exactly match the gcc 3.3.3 implementation.

If that was the case, we would not have had a proposed patch for GCC-3.3.5.

As far as GCC-3.3.5 is concerned, I'm willing to help either sides,
but I believe we should

  (1) all recognize that the current spec does not meet any official
      GCC release in existence;

  (2) sort out the opposition points, in particular have GCC
      maintainers involved in the C++ part.

-- Gaby