Re: another effc++ spurious warning?

Giovanni Bajo:
> If there are no ideas about how to make the warning smarter, maybe it is
> better
> to disable this very check

Those rules were designed for fairly old-fashioned code that
mostly look like C code, i.e. verbose and a pain to evolve.
As you pointed out, they don't make much sense for modern
C++.  I would suggest to just remove that check.
And if we should retain it, I suggest the switch -Wabstractions
("warn against use of abstractions") which should warn against
any modern C++ construct that is expressive enough to let you
express your abstractions directly in your codes.

-- Gaby