Re: [Patch] Reimplement (and split) istream::ignore

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

This looks fine Paolo with this one bit:

* NB: Conformingly, we provide three overloads, instead of the single
+ * function (with defaults) mandated by the Standard: this leads to a
+ * better performing implementation.

Should be:

+ * NB: Provide three overloads, instead of the single
+ * function (with defaults) mandated by the Standard: this leads to a
+ * better performing implementation, while still conforming to the standard.

Yes, thanks for this correction to my (often poor) english: indeed, that sentence didn't "sound"
quite right...

You might also want to detail, in an abbreviated summary, why it's a
"better performing implementation."

Ok, I will.