Re: UTF-8 support - char or wchar_t?

Ole Laursen wrote:

The standard way is using an *internal* wchar_t representation
(basically, on GNU systems is UCS4, see the glibc docs), then
exploiting the specialization codecvt<wchar_t, char, mbstate_t>.

So how do you do that?

Ok, I have a practical suggestion for you: why don't you have a look to our testsuite? gcc3.4.0 is shipped with a rich testsuite exercising of course the functionalities that you need: just take inspiration from those snippet. In particular, I suggest those in the dir:

libstdc++-v3/testsuite/22_locale/codecvt/out/wchar_t

Please, try to work out something yourself. In case, we can then help
you if something unexpected happens.