Re: Standard header format.

Hi,
	Well there's not much I can say, but just that the standard does not
even require the standard headers to be files or any such remotely
*parsable* (one that can be parsed by a parser) entity. For all you
know, it can be compiled files, and the compiler may take care of the
the instantiation using some complex machinery.
	Or the standard headers may even be code compiled directly into the
compiler proper, and the #include is just a hint to the compiler, and
maybe the preprocessor has nothing to do with
#include<some_standard_header_name>. I'm not 100% sure about the
technical correctness of the above statement, but it seems quite
possible from my reading of the standard. There is nothing that says
that #include<> directives may be ignored by the pre-processor, and that
the compiler can interpret them as long as the user gets a runnable
binary/object file.

-Dhruv.

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 05:55, Steven T. Hatton wrote:
--
        -Dhruv Matani.
http://www.geocities.com/dhruvbird/

Proud to be a Vegetarian.