Re: functexcept.cc draws in everything

Now I have checked.
It seems like -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections are on by default for everything, but the default lib. That is /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-eabi-ecos/3.3.3/libstdc++.a. The ones deeper in the hierachy the options are on by default. Why I do not know.

However it does not work as intended. I only need the __throw_bad_alloc symbol, but I get all of them. No matter if I use the with one section pr. function or a different one.
That section has no references to other symbols.
binutils is version 2.14.

Any ideas ?

Henning

At 14:31 11.03.2004, you wrote:
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 02:18:40PM -0800, Henning.Baldersheim@devoll.no wrote:
> I checked info gcc/ld and found that -ffunction-sections and perhaps
> -fdata-sections should be enabled to. In my code and in the ecos code it is
> enabled.
> But I could not see any trace of it for the build of libstdc++. What is the
> default ?
> I guess that if I enable it it should work fine then.

Hm.  -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections were on by default the last time I
checked.

by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    - Brian W. Kernighan, in a plea for clear, straightforward code