Re: 3.4 to 3.5 libstdc++ changes

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

> To get it donated for use by libstdc++ should not be difficult. If this
> was given to the FSF we could just drop it into CVS, and substitute it
> in for the current 'make check-abi' rule in the Makefiles. To me, this
> seems to be the way to go.

Yes that sound like the way to go, but we should give a little bit of
thought to how to keep the two locations in sync.

> As part of this, I think there needs to be QMtest hooks for libstdc++,
> right? Or is that something different?
>
> Can you post the details on the current testing framework, how to get
> it, etc? I would like for that information to be archived on this list.

The LSB has a broader test called libchk, which scans all of the LSB related
libraries. I have also put together a configuration from the same source
that only checks libstdc++. A fresh copy of this can be found at

	http://www.freestandards.org/~anderson/

This is a standalone program, so I'm not sure that it needs QMtest hooks.

The rest of our tests, etc can be found in the LSB project at
http://gforge.freestandards.org/. This code lives in the tests/misc part
of the repository.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               anderson@netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                 BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149