Re: [RFC/Patch] libstdc++/14320 aka class type streamoff doesn'twork :(

Paolo, my apoligies.

I think this patch is ok, with the caveat that instead of removing the
testcase, should you XFAIL it? I hate to lose tests.

>   For every iterator type X for which equality is defined, there is a
>   corresponding signed integral type called the difference type of the
>   iterator."
>
>this basically kills a class streamoff, and, if we really want to be
>picky, also kills LFS on 32 bit machines (where really matters, 64 bit
>machines have it automatically), since long long is not a C++ signed
>integral type (Pétur considers this a defect in the standard)

I agree with this analysis, thanks go to you and Pétur for your fine work.

FYI there is a proposal to add long long in the latest C++ mailing.

-benjamin