Re: [patch] new FAQ entry on LD_LIBRARY_PATH

>+      <p>This doesn't mean that the shared library isn't installed, only
>+         that the dynamic linker can't find it. When a dynamically-linked
>+         executable is run the linker finds and loads the required shared
>+         libraries by searching a pre-configured list of directories. If
>+         the directory where you've installed libstdc++-v3 is not in this
>+         list then the libraries won't be found. The simplest way to fix
>+         this is to use the <code>LD_LIBRARY_PATH</code> environment
>+         variable, which is a colon-separated list of directories in which
>+         the linker will search for shared libraries:

This looks pretty good. I'd change

installed libstdc++-v3

installed libstdc++

Then, I'd suggest mentioning (from the gymnastics in testsuite/lib/libstdc++.exp

    # The same applies to darwin (DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH), solaris 32 bit
    # (LD_LIBRARY_PATH_32), solaris 64 bit (LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64), and HP-UX
    # (SHLIB_PATH).

-benjamin