Re: A bug in the current _M_insert_float/_M_group_float

Jerry Quinn wrote:

The problem is definitely still present in my version of floating
point. I didn't touch grouping processing in my stuff.

Indeed. But I wanted to inform you ASAP as the person actively working in this area.

Issue 282 says adds floating point grouping. Issue 358 says don't
group beyond the decimal point. Perhaps another issue is needed to
say that grouping shouldn't be applied to the exponent section. Or
could issue 358 be extended to deal with this as well?

I think so. In any case, whatever we chose to do in an area where the standard it's not completely clear (but almost, I would say, after 282 and 358!), it must be something meaningful: definitely it's not a good idea feeding __add_grouping with 'e'/'E' and the exponent sign and everything!