Re: 3.4 PATCH: Handle C++ like ISO C94 on Tru64 UNIX

Roger Sayle writes:

> It looks like Bruce has approved the fixincludes changes, but this
> patch still hasn't been committed yet.  Given that this fixes a serious
> bootstrap failure for gcc 3.4 on alphaev67-dec-osf5.1, I'll approve the
> osf.h changes for mainline.

Thanks.  I've just installed it after re-bootstrapping on
alpha-dec-osf4.0f.  Unfortunately, there are a couple of other problems:

As I mentioned in my original submission, this patch fixes the bootstrap
problem only on V4.0F.  The V5.1B problem is similar, but the fix is more
involved.  I have it done, but need to investigate two related bootstrap
problems on V5.1B first to make sure my fix isn't related to them:

* Currently, all libjava tests time out and hang.

* Ada bootstrap is broken since a couple of generated files were removed
  from CVS.  xnmake and friends crash during bootstrap (both if built with
  GNAT 3.3.2 or 3.4).

I hope to get to this eventually, but time's currently quite limited.

Besides, there's still no approved fix for PR bootstrap/12898.

	Rainer

Rainer Orth, Faculty of Technology, Bielefeld University