Re: EEEEKS! The mangling changed!

Douglas Paul Gregor <gregod@cs.rpi.edu> writes:

| On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Carlo Wood wrote:
| > Now what about a __attribute__((alias, "St")) for
| > namespace __gnu_norm, so that the mangling stays the same too?
| > I really don't see a reason not change the mangling in this specific
| > case of __gnu_norm to make it appear to be the std it is supposed
| > to be.
|
| I think Carlo has a good point here; it's really going to confuse users
| and debuggers if std::vector doesn't ever exist. How long until we get a
| gdb smart enough to show "std::vector" to users instead of
| "__gnu_norm::vector"?

Mechanic renaming of __gnu_norm::vetcor<MyType> to std::vector<MyType>
makes the assumptions that there is no std::vector<dMyType> lurking
there.  Some assumptions does not hold in general -- by design.

| 	Doug
|
| P.S. I can't help but chuckle because __attribute__((alias, "St")) looks a
| whole lot like link_name :)

It may look similar, but I don't think it is the same.  And I stated
before  (both when you initialy submitted your work and when I sent a
message a few days ago), that clearly indicate something is fishy.

-- Gaby