Re: Two or three initial observations on the fp prining patch

Paolo Carlini writes:
 > Jerry Quinn wrote:
 >
 > > Also, how can we export FLOAT_BIG_WORDS_ENDIAN to the library?
 > >
 > > Or are you thinking that we want to pull real.c into the library in
 > > some manner?
 >
 > It seems to me that what we really need to have available is the header
 > 'tm.h',
 > which is present in build-dir/gcc. It includes all the target dependent
 > config
 > files and finally defaults.h.  At the end both WORDS_BIG_ENDIAN and, in
 > case,
 > FLOAT_WORDS_BIG_ENDIAN have the correct values.
 > The latter seems meaningful only for 'arm', 'c4x' and 'mmix'. Also,
 > 'arm' seems
 > particularly tricky (and currently v3 works well there, so... ;)
 >
 >   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-08/msg01554.html
 >
 > but I don't know if in practice we have to do something special or not,
 > I hope
 > not...

I suppose the optimal case would be for the compiler to make these
definitions available to us when the installed compiler runs.  In lieu
of that, it looks like we'll need to access the tm.h file when the
library is configured, right?

Jerry