Re: RFC: fp printing speedup patch

Hi Jerry, thanks for your detailed message

For the record, I get the following on your posted test:

2.95

real    0m4.383s
user    0m4.380s
sys     0m0.000s

3.3.2

real    0m14.521s
user    0m14.310s
sys     0m0.010s

3.4+fppatch

real    0m7.026s
user    0m7.010s
sys     0m0.000s

Only one quick reply (more later of course!) because I'm *really*
curious!

What on your platform for vanilla 3.4? I'm asking because on mine
vanilla 3.4 compared to 3.3.2 seems faster than on yours 3.4+fppatch
or, at least - all the other differences in hardware and software
setups considered - comparable! This is really *weird* because the
test involves short numbers!

In the meanwhile I will try to actually apply your patch locally
and experiment a bit with it...