[RFC] What about removing #ifdef _GLIBCXX_RESOLVE_LIB_DEFECTS??

Hi,

I can clearly remember a message by Phil, pointing out, to my wonder, that in fact, _GLIBCXX_RESOLVE_LIB_DEFECTS cannot be defined to false without breaking the build!

Indeed, recently we have started putting the string in comments.

So, what about changing /all/ the directives to simple comments? It seems to me that doing this would make the code less confusing for the user and would, moreover, make the work slightly easier for the frontend...