Fwd: Re: [Patch] Remove workaround for copy_backward

Forgot the echo the list...
--- Begin Message ---
On Saturday 27 September 2003 01:43 pm, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> | Anyway, if this is the way to go (by the way, are you deadly sure that
> | our beloved compiler ;) is able to generate code equally efficient in
> | the two cases?)
>
> Basically, what is happening is that the last argument (either a
> __true_type or a __false_type) which we know is a compile-time
> constant is "shifted" into an explicit template argument for the class
> dispatcher, so one uses less function arguments or registers.

Has anyone considered replacing the dispatching mechanism with one based on
enable_if? That would eliminate the need for multiple levels of indirection
(__copy, __copy_aux, __copy_aux2, etc.).

	Doug