Re: [libstdc++] Add --disable-hosted-libstdcxx, clean up conditionals

Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:

| On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 10:24:17PM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > Phil Edwards <phil@jaj.com> writes:
| > |
| > | That's not a bad idea, but it still won't work.  The variable names are
| > | generated by autoconf, not by us.  Specifically, the problem cases of
| > |
| > |     if test ${foo_libstdc+++set} = set; then
| > |
| > | are all done by autoconf.
| >
| > ah, now it is not bourne shell limitation, but autoconf limitations :-/
|
| It is both.  We can't name them ++ because of the shell.  We can't transform
| them from ++ because of autoconf.

And we can name the library libstdc++,  the tool named automake can do
the translation to its acceptable internal names.  At least, a tool
that does not insist on putting its internal names limitations on
everybody and everywhere :-)

OK.

-- Gaby