RE: Large file iostreams

I wrote:
> I came up with this list last night (this includes already reported
> defects):

While trying to come up with a conforming streamoff and fpos<> I
found some more:

27.4.3.1 p2: The initial value of state() is not specified.

27.4.3.2 p1: The sentence "Operations specified in Table 88 are permitted."
is ambiguous. It's not clear if this means "Users are permitted to use
the operations in table 88" or "Implementations are permitted to provide
the operations in table 88".

27.4.3.2: The operations q = p + o, p += o, q = p - o, p -= o, o = p - q
are specified on objects of type fpos and streamoff. Objects of type
const fpos and const streamoff should also be allowed on the right hand
side.

27.4.3.2: The return value of state() on the objects returned by q = p + o,
p += o, q = p - o and p -= o is not specified.

These are at least real enough that the behaviour described in PR 12065
seems conforming...

> and possibly provide a "pedantic" mode
> that provides only what the standard requires (which is almost
> nothing).

I currently think that given the above list, this is impossible.

Regards,
Petur