libmath problems

Hi,

I recently wondered why i get linker errors, when i link a program with my
own libmath.a library on linux.
The symbols referenced in libmath could not be found. But all depended
libraries where given on the command line.

I looked at the ld command. The problems seems to be that g++ orders the
library libmath so that it appears right after libstdc++. For what i can
find with google, i think libmath is on some systems a utilitiy library for
g++. And so i think it reorders the libmath library to match its own library
dependencies.

But i searched my gcc directory for a libmath* file but couldn't find one.

Is this a bug? Or is libmath a reserved name like libstdc++?

Joerg Richter