Re: [uClibc] uClibc support in libstdc++

Manuel Novoa III wrote:

A comment from there said that full libstdc++ locale support
was going to be completed shortly. Is this still true?

Well, all the extended and thread-specific locale stuff should now be in place. That was part of my big commit on Aug 1. There is a patch I know I need to make to libstd++ because the ctype table member sizes are different. Also, I don't yet support the wide string versions of the various LC_TIME items. I hadn't decided whether I would do so, or simply patch the libstd++ code to alloc and generate the wide string versions at object construction time. I will probably take the latter approach... at least for now. The former will likely be an option after I rewrite the locale data generation tools.

If you prepare patches for libstdc++, would you please consider submitting them for inclusion into the official version of GCC?

I'm committed to integrate uClinux support into GCC's mainline.

I certainly expect to have the libstd++ locale stuff working by the end
of the month.  I think it will likly be much sooner.  But I can't really
be more specific at the moment.  Sorry.

If you're not making an official release soon, I could also use CVS snapshots, but I don't follow uClibc development closely enough to know whether a specific day is safe to use ;-)

\X/  http://www.develer.com/

Please don't send Word attachments - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html