This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libstdc++ project.
Re: [Patch]: libstdc++/PR11504 + constness and casting clean up
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at jaj dot com>
- To: gp dot bolton at computer dot org
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:58:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Patch]: libstdc++/PR11504 + constness and casting clean up
- References: <3F23CAB3.email@example.com>
On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 02:50:59PM +0200, Gawain Bolton wrote:
> *** 95,100 ****
> --- 95,101 ----
> struct _Rb_tree_node_base
> typedef _Rb_tree_node_base* _Base_ptr;
> + typedef const _Rb_tree_node_base* _const_Base_ptr;
There's a naming problem here. The library may only use names of the pattern
when the code is visible to user programs. So far the tradition has been
to use single-underscore-capital for typedefs not exposed to the user.
I see this problem in a few places in your patch. Fortunately they can be
fixed via simple search-and-replace. Would you mind going one more round?
If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater
than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We seek
not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you;
and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams