Re: Surprising behavior of AM_CONDITIONAL

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 04:12:07PM -0500, Raja R Harinath wrote:
> I think it's in Automake 1.6 at least.  This feature depend so using
> autoconf 2.52 or later, though -- so it's not immediately applicable.

Bummer.  Still, that'll be nice to have eventually.  Thanks for
pointing this out.

> In principle, even with this feature, your other suggestion of moving
> all AM_CONDITIONALs to the toplevel seems better, even though you
> lose some locality of reference.

Upon investigation, only three of the AM_CONDITIONAL statements are in
paths that aren't unconditionally traversed.  So it's not as bad as I feared.
I'm testing a patch now.

Phil