Re: + unbuffered bits (Re: [Patch] Fix libstdc++/9761)

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

I would appreciate some additional explanations.

Paolo, I'm sorry. I should never do patch review pre-coffee on a Monday.
I see now what you are doing. This looks fine.

Thanks :,-)
Honestly, I was a bit sorry for your quick dismissal, since I worked through the patch for a few hours, trying to obtain the cleanest and most complete result (9761 turned out to be only a mere pretext ;)

... but, before committing it I will fix those misplaced comments.

Do you really need __testpb, since it's really just _M_pback_init?

Actually, I do (it took me ~1 hour of work only to realize that ;), since, later, seekoff destroys the pback area and after the seek we may wrongly believe that no pback chars were there (9761 would not be fixed!)