Re: Feedback on __mt_alloc?

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

Basically we're thinking about where/how to go from here - the code is now used in production on our end and if it's not of interest to the libstdc++ project (right now anyway) we'll just post the code, updates on snon.net as an option for users to try out if they like.

Certainly, it is of interest! I'd like it to be distributed with libstdc++. It was my hope that somebody else would take care of doing the integration work, however.

No problem - we'll try to follow the instructions!

If you've already got the copyright assignment, etc, then it can be integrated straight away. If not, please see: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/17_intro/contribute.html

Ok, we'll do that a.s.a.p!

My suggestion for integrating this would be:

1) move all non-required allocators and types out of
include/bits/stl_alloc.h and into separate files in ext/*_alloc.h.

Looking at the current stl_alloc.h that would only be __malloc_alloc and __debug_alloc right?

Brgds

/Stefan

--
Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else.